Open Committee Roles: Portfolio Lead
Role Description (x5 roles)
- Remote (open to all locations in Australia)
- Completed a Board-approved Masters of I/O Psychology
The Portfolio Lead is responsible for owning the design, delivery, evaluation and reporting of their sub-committee’s annual plan in partnership with SIOPA’s leadership team. You will:
- Lead a portfolio / sub-committee (see list of portfolios below)
- Own the development of your portfolio / sub-committee’s annual plan
- Coordinate initiatives aligned to your annual plan
- Own the monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of progress to the Board
- Ensure full participation and effective decision-making during meetings
- Liaise directly with SIOPA’s President and Vice President
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with external partners
- Act in accordance with relevant legislation, regulations and SIOPA’s rules and by-laws
- Advocate for SIOPA and I/O psychology in Australia
You will lead one of the below portfolios / sub-committees:
- MEMBERSHIP ENGAGEMENT: Coordinates activities that improve the member experience.
- CPD & EVENTS: Plans and delivers a range of events run by SIOPA in person or online.
- COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING: Organises the external communications by SIOPA in line with the organisation’s brand and values.
- ADVOCACY & RESEARCH: Promotes the growth of the evidence base for industrial organisational psychology in Australia.
- CORPORATE SERVICES: Implements activities that support the general functioning and sustainability of the core SIOPA systems and infrastructure.
What do I need?
This role is for someone with a passion for strengthening and protecting the I/O psych community. You will bring:
- Strategic thinking
- Proactivity and willingness to take ownership
- Strong networking skills
- Understanding and commitment to SIOPA’s vision
- Industry experience in the I/O psychology field
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
The role generally requires a commitment of up to 2 hours per week and attendance at the committee leads meeting (held every 6 weeks).
What’s in it for me?
- Support from leaders across SIOPA’s board, strategic advisory group, and tertiary partners
- Exciting opportunities to be at the forefront of shaping and advocating for your profession
- Connections to a global network of like-minded practitioners
- Access to professional development opportunities
How do I apply?
Send your expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.30pm AWST on 16 December 2022. Be sure to include:
- The role you are applying for (i.e., portfolio lead)
- Your portfolio / sub-committee preference/s
- Your CV.