Did You Know? New Guidelines for the National Psychology Exam
The Psychology Board of Australia has granted a permanent exemption from undertaking the National Examination to all higher degree accredited program graduates, effective immediately.
What does this mean for me?
If you have completed an accredited Masters, Doctorate or a combined Masters/PhD qualification you will not be required to sit the exam before applying for general registration as a psychologist.
Candidates who are required to pass the exam include:
- Provisional psychologists undertaking a 4+2 or 5+1 internship program;
- Overseas-trained psychologists seeking general registration in Australia;
- Individuals intending to return to practice as psychologists who have not practised for more than 10 years;
- Individuals who are directed to sit the exam by the Board, or by a panel or tribunal, relating to an application;
- Registration under Part 7 of the National Law, or a notification about their health, performance or conduct under Part 8 of the National Law.
For more information or queries, please email us.