Open Committee Roles: Portfolio Officer
Role Description (x2 roles)
- Remote (open to all locations in Australia)
- Completed a Board-approved Masters of I/O Psychology
The Officer is responsible for partnering with other portfolio members to design, deliver, evaluate, and report on initiatives aligned with SIOPA’s annual portfolio plan. Your role will be to:
- Assist in the development of an annual portfolio plan
- Implement initiatives aligned to the annual plan
- Participate fully in meetings
- Liaise directly with the portfolio leads
- Assist with monitoring, evaluation, and reporting progress to the Board
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with external partners
- Act in accordance with relevant legislation, regulations and SIOPA’s rules and by-laws
- Advocate for SIOPA and I/O psychology in Australia
You will join one of the below portfolios / sub-committees:
- MEMBERSHIP ENGAGEMENT: Coordinates activities that improve the member experience.
- COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING: Organises the external communications by SIOPA in line with the organisation’s brand and values.
What do I need?
This role is for someone with a passion for strengthening and protecting the I/O psych community. You will bring:
- Understanding and commitment to SIOPA’s vision
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proactivity and willingness to take ownership
- Relationship management skills
- Analysis and reporting skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
The role generally requires a commitment of up to 4 hours per week.
What’s in it for me?
- Exciting opportunities to be at the forefront of shaping and advocating for your profession
- Connections to a global network of like-minded practitioners
- Access to professional development opportunities
How do I apply?
Send your expressions of interest to email@example.com by 5.30pm AWST on 9 June 2023.
Be sure to include:
- Your portfolio preference/s (i.e., “Membership Engagement” or “Communications & Marketing”)
- Your CV.